I was nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” by my friend and future chapter swapping partner Jade Hemming. I met her during the 2016 Pitch Wars session, and she is proof of how valuable those writing contests are.
I encourage you all to check out her awesome blog. She has book reviews, cake, and out of this world gifs. What are you waiting for? Head on over. I’ll wait.
The contest states that I must tell you 7 things about myself that you can’t find in my bio. So, let’s get to it.
7 Things You Probably Didn’t Know
- Hiking– My husband and started hiking about two years ago. He’s never been much of an outdoors man, but he’s always been a supportive partner. I wanted to get fit and get out and he’s joined me ever since. We’re very lucky to live in such a beautiful place that offers countless free natural wonders to visit every weekend.
- Weight Loss– About two years ago, while on one of the above mentioned hikes, I brought up the rear of our group. When I say the rear, I mean that I was in another zip code and DYING. I cried, threw up, cried some more, and threw up some more as we hiked this monstrous mountain. Of course, this was after we hiked three miles across the park and back, but that didn’t matter. I was overweight and feeling the pressure of my fit-less body. That was the day I said enough and started a lifestyle change. Since then, I’ve lost 40 lbs and countless inches. I’ve started going back to the gym and adjusting my diet to continue to lose. My goal is to drop 20 more lbs.
- DOTA 2– A lot of people claim to be nerds nowadays, so it takes away from the reality of what I’m about to say. Ready? … MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GIANT NERDS. We are like grown up teenagers when it comes to our obsessions and one of those is a game called DOTA 2. We’ve played thousands of hours and we even attended The International in Seattle, Washington to watch teams compete for (at the time) the largest prize EVER for e-sports. It was on ESPN, folks. ESPN.
- Theatre– I participate in about 3 shows a year in my local theatre. Notable roles for me are Yente (The Matchmaker) in Fiddler on the Roof, Grandma Addams in The Addams Family Musical, and a smattering of others. It’s a blast and I love giving joy to my community.
- Baking Wizard– According to my husband, I am a baking wizard. I earned this title when I turned powdered sugar and whipping cream into frosting. My arcane cookie knowledge aside, I do love to spend a TON of time baking and cooking up a storm.
- Money Saver– My husband and I pride ourselves on learning from everything and everyone around us. One of the things we’ve both picked up along the way is the resistance to being materialistic. Neither of us has high-cost needs and we’re content with just hanging out and enjoying each other. Living this lifestyle has allowed us to buy a new car and pay it off in less than a year. We plan on doing the same with my student loans this year. Then we’ll be totally debt free.
- Disney Fanatic– I think my wild writer imagination comes from my early childhood when I used to act out the stampede from The Lion King in my living room. Picture tiny me scampering around my living room floor and hiding under laundry baskets to avoid the wildebeest. This was all done in synch with the soundtrack. Not the song… The instrumental soundtrack. Yes, at five years old, I knew instrumental tracks and where they lined up in the movie. Didn’t every kid? That being said, I’m so excited for the live action Beauty and the Beast that I MIGHT explode the day it comes out. –hyperventilates–
The Rules for the Nominees
When you get his award, thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post!
Share 7 things about yourself that are not in your Bio.
Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15).
Include this set of rules.
Inform your nominees.
ALRIGHT! Nominees are… Sierra Elmore and Jacy Merrill.